Unless you’ve been living under a rock with no internet, you’ll have heard of the government’s ‘Eat Out To Help Out’ scheme by now.
The government launched its ‘Eat Out To Help Out’ scheme to give Brits a discount of up to £10 per head when eating out in a bid to help the hospitality industry bounce back after lockdown. And, there are plenty of spots in Birmingham partaking in the scheme. Here are some of the best restaurants to feast on some cut-price munch at!
Master Park’s Kitchen is home to some exquisite Korean cuisine and is a top choice to take advantage of some cheap grub throughout August. Blink and you’ll miss the KFC (Korean Fried Chicken).
Block M, Site 3, Masshouse Lane, B5 5JN
2. The Woodman
A classic Victorian British pub serving some beautiful classics. Tuck into some burgers, sandwiches or roasts while nursing that first pint of the day.
New Canal Street, B5 5LG
3. Flight Club
Flight Club is best known for its darts shenanigans, but now discounts have reached the top-notch food to boot. Gorge on their humungous pizzas while enjoying a game with your pals.
13 Temple Street, B2 5BN
Hailing from Manchester before making its way over to these parts, Rudy’s boasts some of the finest pizzas in the game.
Sun House, Bennetts Hill, B2 5RS
One of the top brunch spots in Birmingham. Heavy stacks of pancakes washed down with a piping black coffee is quintessential in the US, and Boston Tea Party delivers a masterclass. Breakfast is also served all day for any delayed boozy brunch requirements.
190 Corporation Street, B4 6QD
The spot for some Brummie award-winning, Syrian-style shwarma. Better still, they serve up a mean falafel.
1-3 Priory Square, The Square Shopping Centre B4 7LG
One of Birmingham’s many popular curry houses. We all missed a Friday night curry during lockdown, didn’t we? Well, now we can make up for lost time.
3 – 4 Dakota Buildings, James Street, St Paul’s Square, B3 1SD
8. Chung Ying
Some seriously delicious Chinese food at play here. Just one look at the Dim Sum will have you all in and begging for some more dishes. And, the best part is, there are two different spots.
Chung Ying Central: 126 Colmore Row, B3 3AP
Chung Ying Chinatown: Birmingham China Quarter, 16-18 Wrottesley Street, B5 4RT
Top-notch Thai food. Start with some delightful spring rolls and squid nibbles, before moving onto some tasty mains.
6 Spiceal Street, St Martin’s Square, Bullring, B5 4BW
Does exactly what it says on the tin. If you’re missing out on a beautiful Mediterranean holiday right now, at least you can feast on this marvellous grub.
33 Stephenson Street, B2 4BH
Best of the rest
11. Holy Moly Macaroni – Unit 32, 68A E Mews, B2 4XJ
12. Itihaas Restuarant – 8 Fleet Street, B3 1JL
13. Urban Cafe Bar Kitchen – Colmore Business District, 30 Church Street, B3 2NP
14. Gaucho Birmingham – 55 Colmore Row Lower Ground Retail, B3 2AA
15. Pieminister Birmingham – 16 Waterloo Street, B2 5UG
16. KFC – Multiple Locations
17. Asha’s – 12-22 Newhall Street, B3 3LX
18. Tattu Birmingham – 18 Barwick Street, B3 2NT
19. San Carlo Birmingham – 4 Temple Street, B2 5BN
20. Subway – Multiple Locations
21. The Cuban Embassy at The Bulls Head – 23 St Mary’s Row, Moseley, Birmingham B13 8HW
22. Eggless Cake Shop – Multiple Locations
23. The Prince Of Wales – 84 Cambridge Street, B1 2NP
24. Dishoom Birmingham – One Chamberlain Square, B3 3AX
25. Coffee Factory – 1 Suffolk Street Queensway, West Midlands, B1 1LT
26. Pushkar Cocktail Bar & Dining – 245 Broad Street, B1 2HQ
27. Tim Horton’s – 112-113 New Street, B2 4EU
28. Crêpeaffaire Grand Central – Grand Central Birmingham, Stephenson Place, B2 4BQ
29. The Button Factory – 25 Frederick Street, B1 3HH
30. Jojolapa Nepalese Bar & Kitchen – 21 Frederick Street, B1 3HE
31. The Pig & Tail – 12-13 Albion Street, B1 3ED
32. Yorks Cafe & Coffee Roasters – 29/30 Stephenson Street, B2 4BH
33. 200 Degrees Coffee Shop – 21 Colmore Row, B3 2BH
34. Tiger Bites Pig – 34 Stephenson Street, B2 4BH
35. Mowgli – Unit 30, Stephenson Place, B2 4BF
36. Pig And Apple – Unit PE6 Grand Central, 68A E Mews, B2 4BF
37. The Distillery – 4 Sheepcote Street, B16 8AE
38. Vietnamese Street Kitchen – Eleven Brindley Place, 2 Brunswick Square, B1 2LP
39. Bistrot Pierre – Waterside House, 46 Gas Street, B1 2JT
40. Kanteen – Kanteen Digbeth, Gibb Street, B9 4AA
41. Chillichicks – 19 Bordesley Street, B5 5PJ
42. Peach Garden – 34 Ladywell Walk, B5 4RX
43. Kitchen Garden Café – 17 York Road, King’s Heath, B14 7SA
44. Sylhet Spice Cuisine – 27-29 York Road, King’s Heath, B14 7SA
45. JAQK’s Chicken And Chips – Multiple Locations